Upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7

Karl

I am trying to upgrade one of my sites from 0.6 to 0.7 but when I go to the install/update.php page I get Active VisioList Installation Detected! Would you like to update to the latest version? but there is no drop down or continue button.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
There should be a link called procceed with update. This version we removed the dropdown to elimate user mistakes

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you upgraded from an older version.
try going to admin manage language and click import and select english. That should import any missing english phrases you may have.

Also search for "'upgrade_update_active_installation" and change the definition to just "Active VisioList Installation Detected!" to have it up to date.

Let me know how that goes

Karl

If I did it correctly I got the continue button after selecting that I get the following

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/ice/www/www/directory/install/index.php" on line 99

Duplicate column name 'owner' in /home/ice/www/www/directory/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Karl

my bad I hit the it seems you have not run the install button on the warning without thinking. I am restoring the db and will try again.

I have the same issue with no link. I am running version 0.6. I changed URL to install/update.php?upgrade=1

Fatal error: Database error in "/var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/install/update.php" on line 236

Table mydomainVL.VL_langs' doesn't exist in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm I am doing an upgrade from 0.6 now and will let you know what I find.

Uploaded the patch file. I got the link on the first page, Next page, same error as above

Fatal error: Database error in "/var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/install/update.php" on line 238

Table mydomainVL.VL_langs' doesn't exist in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm worked for me on 2 lists

what is the value in your VL_etc MySQL table for version and original_version?

It was 0.7 final from the previous attempt. I changed it to 0.6 and it worked. Thanks

I would change the word install to installing. It looks more like a action link versus that it is doing it

Install VisioList 0.7 Beta

Install VisioList 0.7 Beta 2

Install VisioList 0.7 Final

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
indeed, that is bad wording. I will be working on updating the installer for 7.1 and will ensure to fix this.