Thumbnails not generating.. again.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
As of Oct 17 2015 I'm not getting any thumbs generated again.. it either times out, returns nothing, or gens a black screenshot..

Any ideas on what's up?

Last edited:

xryskom

There is any problem with the generator because when im trying to approve the screenshot its stucking and give me a black image or sometimes white

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Merging this with an existing thread, also thanks to you for the headsup

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Please make sure you are running visiolist 1.4 the old screenshot server has been replaced with a newer faster method.

If you cannot upgrade right away please start a private conversation with me and I will provide you with the new IP address to manually update.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
well I did the changes Mark suggested and it worked for a bit, but once again the screenshots are timing out and/or generating black screens

sigh

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
New screenshot server, just added thousands of requests last few weeks, probably just a quick config issue, will investigate when I am back at my desk.

Thanks fir the heads up

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Well since your post Steve I have watched 10,000+ screenshots be generated without issue. I did discover a minor bug with long URLs containing certain characters but that was resolved the same day.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
copy that..thanks much for the update and for watching out.. I've not seen any errors on my site since then either so all is good.