Test the upgrade

armaclans

Am I able to duplicate my whole directory that visiolist is located in, and test the upgrade install before I upgrade the live/real version?

ADD:

So I was able to duplicate my database completely. copy the directory and link to the new sql database.

When I upgraded, everything went fine, I can only access the "admin" and nothing else. if i go to the homepage, it is completely white after I delete the install folder....

here is a link: http://test.armaclans.com/

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Error output is disabled, if you look in your error log you should see what the fatal error is, if you can't find it you can enable error reporting in index.php

If you have upgraded from an old version, most likely you have an out of date plugin that is causing this

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
index.php

add this
error_reporting(E_ALL);

you might want to also enable debug mode, also done in index.php:

change:
$CONF['debug'] = 0;
to:1
$CONF['debug'] = ;

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Check your hosting control panel, you should see your error log there.

There is absolutely an error to be found, that is why you have a white screen; that happens with a suppressed PHP fatal error.

In this case I suspect a plugin is looking to a MySQL database change that is not up to date.

Better error handling is planned in 2.0.

armaclans

/home2/bluepeak/public_html/www-armaclanstest/admin/error_log: (empty)

HA - found it....it was the ads plugin. But for later down the road where do I need to fix that plugin so it works

Last edited:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you can access the admin area simply reupload the zip and new database changes the plugin requires will be installed
http://visiolist.com/community/resources/ads.24/

Please note that currently all plugins found in our resource manager are already updated with the "plugin Update Url". This is done already in preparation for vl 1.3 where the update check feature will check our resource page instead our old forum topics for plugins.

Not a big issue for you, just so know any newly downloaded plugin the update check wont work until 1.3 is released, which will come in a few days hopefully.