Implemented Suggestions.

Revenge

I have decided I would share A few of my suggestions with everyone. :D

Visual in/out statistics. (So you don't have to click stats to see the site's stats.)

Link code updates: I see when you go into the User CP that you have to pick your site from a drop down box, this would get very annoying for a user to do if there is hundreds of sites on the toplist.

Voting gateway with captcha/question.

I don't know if my script has something wrong with it or this version just doesn't have vote gateways but for what my topsite consists of there is alot of cheating. I woud like to see that update more than any. :D

Premium benefeits:

For example: 1 month of premium you recieve:

A banner and 100 hits in.

Visual updates:

None, this toplist is beautiful. :) Not to mention the only premium one I could find. Keep it up. :D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Visual in/out statistics. (So you don't have to click stats to see the site's stats.)
This is done, however the tags are not included in the templates of parabola. You can use any "tag" from the stats.html template and place it in your table_top_row.html and table_row.html templates.
Link code updates: I see when you go into the User CP that you have to pick your site from a drop down box, this would get very annoying for a user to do if there is hundreds of sites on the toplist.
That site select box is only for the sites that specific member has added, since VisioList 0.4 members can submit multiple sites and manage them from 1 user control panel. Odds are highly unlikley that a single user will submit hundreds of his own unique sites.

Voting gateway with captcha/question.
sure, this option will be available in a plugin soon :)

I don't know if my script has something wrong with it or this version just doesn't have vote gateways but for what my topsite consists of there is alot of cheating. I woud like to see that update more than any. :D
Gateway pages exists and must be enabled from admin settings. It will only show up if the IP of the voter is unique since that would be considered a valid vote.
Premium benefeits:
For example: 1 month of premium you recieve:
A banner and 100 hits in.
sure, we can look at implementing something like this

Thanks very much for the feedback, we're working hard to make things significantly better over the next few releases. :)

Revenge

That site select box is only for the sites that specific member has added, since VisioList 0.4 members can submit multiple sites and manage them from 1 user control panel. Odds are highly unlikley that a single user will submit hundreds of his own unique sites
I just tested it with a diffrent user. When i select the drop down every site on my toplist shows up in the box.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
is you current insallation this a fresh install, an update from an older version, or an upgrade from Aardvark?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
wow that should not be...checking into this now.

In the mean time you can create a new file called patch.php and upload this to your root directory (the one with settings_sql.php)

then visit: yourvisiolist/patch.php

Code:
<?php

define('ATSPHP', 1);
$CONF = array();
$FORM = array();
$TMPL = array();

include('settings_sql.php');

require_once("sources/sql/mysql.php");
            $DB = "sql_mysql";
            $DB = new $DB;

if ($DB->connect($CONF['sql_host'], $CONF['sql_username'], $CONF['sql_password'], $CONF['sql_database'])) {

$result = $DB->query("SELECT username FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites", __FILE__, __LINE__);
    while (list($newowner) = $DB->fetch_array($result)) {

$DB->query("UPDATE {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites SET owner = '{$newowner}' WHERE  username = '{$newowner}'", __FILE__, __LINE__);

echo "Added Ownership to $newowner<br />";

}

}
this will move all the usernames into the owner box which apparently is not being updated on your fresh install.

Revenge

Also, big security risk. When a user goes to edit site, they also get a drop down which allows them to edit any site on the top list.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Also, big security risk. When a user goes to edit site, they also get a drop down which allows them to edit any site on the top list.
yes it would be, but you are experiencing something very odd, your "owner" field appears to be empty and that is not right, can you post your sources/join.php file here so I can check the query?

running the patch file above will make your VisioList operate as it should. Then we'll work on figuring out what caused this.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
post from line 167 to 176

should look like this:

PHP:
        $DB->query("INSERT INTO {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites (username, password, url, short_url, title, description, category, banner_url, email, join_date, active, openid, user_ip,owner)
                  VALUES ('{$TMPL['username']}', '{$password}', '{$TMPL['url']}', '{$short_url}', '{$TMPL['title']}', '{$TMPL['description']}', '{$TMPL['category']}', '{$TMPL['banner_url']}', '{$TMPL['email']}', '{$join_date}', {$CONF['active_default']}, 0, '{$user_ip}','{$TMPL['username']}')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
        $DB->query("INSERT INTO {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_stats (username) VALUES ('{$TMPL['username']}')", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Revenge

Here ya go:

PHP:
$DB->query("INSERT INTO {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites (username, password, url, short_url, title, description, category, banner_url, email, join_date, active, openid, user_ip)
                  VALUES ('{$TMPL['username']}', '{$password}', '{$TMPL['url']}', '{$short_url}', '{$TMPL['title']}', '{$TMPL['description']}', '{$TMPL['category']}', '{$TMPL['banner_url']}', '{$TMPL['email']}', '{$join_date}', {$CONF['active_default']}, 0, '{$user_ip}')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
        $DB->query("INSERT INTO {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_stats (username) VALUES ('{$TMPL['username']}')", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yup that is clearly from an older join.php version, replace the code you posted with the block I posted above you'll be all set. As you can see at the end your query is missing the "owner" part, I'll check the 0.4 zip and ensure this is not being distributed.