SMTP Mail send

leonor

License Active
Hello, i have a small problem. I cant send Mails with my new 1.0 vl list.

Because my Host only accept Connection with STARTTLS and ENCYPTED passwords :/

This one of my Error's that i become from the list :(
SMTP server error: 5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command
Die E-Mail konnte nicht an spam@spam.ws gesendet werden ..
The following From address failed: contact@clan-toplist.net : MAIL not accepted from server,503,5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command
Some one have any Ideas how to fix that?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That error has nothing to do with starttls as far as i know. If it has the error would look somewhat like
"must issue a starttls command first"

Is that all your log tells you?

And is the php openssl extension enabled? to allow php to connect to the mail server using the https protocol

leonor

License Active
hm idk i have also Webmail Client with SMTP and that are working fine :/

I am seraching sinze yesterday for a solution but i dident finde anything.

... maybe i can use the Old Mail system? :D

E-Mail an Mitglieder

Die E-Mail konnte nicht an spam@private-server.ws gesendet werden ..
SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: spam@private-server.ws
SMTP server error: 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Die E-Mail konnte nicht an spam@private-server.ws gesendet werden ..
The following From address failed: contact@clan-toplist.net : MAIL not accepted from server,503,5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm not to much experience, but it looks to me more like an issue with your mail addresses

First error
511 - Bad Email Address (also called SMTP Error 5.1.1)
SMTP Error 511 : Bad email address.
This error is similar to error 510 and as with error 510, this status code is generated by the sender's local mail server.
If the email was addressed internally, then it means that the addressee, as written in the email's TO, CC, or BCC fields, does not exist in your organization's email system.
If the email was addressed externally, then the recipient's email address was misspelt
Error 2
551 - User not local or
invalid address - Relay denied. (also called SMTP Error 5.5.1)
SMTP Error 551 : If neither the sending mail address nor the recipient's address are locally hosted by the server, then the ISP's servers may refuse to relay the message on.
Some ISPs implement this restriction to thwart spammers.
The way in which it manifests itself is as follows : you have a domain that is hosted by CrystalTech.com but your ISP is DodgyISP.com and you try to send emails from your domain to WhatANiceBunchOfPeopleYouAre@yahoo.usa.
Neither your domain nor Yahoo.usa are hosted by DodgyISP.com, as a result your email is not accepted by DodgyISP's mail servers and your mail server is returned
an SMTP Error 551.
To correct the problem you have to call DodgyISP.com and ask them to enter your domain name as an allowed sender.
Somehow looks to me like your exact issue. If you require smtp a call to your ISP would help if the above scenario is the case.
If you wanna switch back to php mail, just clear your smtp settings

leonor

License Active
okay thanks, i swtiched back to php send.

I will try to find a solution ... (i hate plesk :D )

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
also make sure you have DKIM and SPF records for that email address, just to be on the safe side.