Site Title

stickmenz

Hey VisioList-ers,

I have a new question (As my google SEO is taking off and I must continue to improve my list)

I know how to change the "SITE Title" in the admin settings panel, however I dislike that my title becomes "SITE Title" followed by "Rankings - All Sites". How can I disable my VisioList from writing "Rankings - All Sites" behind my default Title.

Thanks!

Bart

It's bad SEO for every page to the the same title, believe me.

If you still want to know post back and I'll explain.

stickmenz

I have figured out this is tied to the {$header} settings in wrapper.html

Also, I have edited "main_header" in english.php to be "Top Minecraft Servers", everything is perfect, except for a small "-" that is located at the end, because I changed "main_all" to ' ' (blank as I didn't want it to say "All Sites"

Bart

A word of advice it is extremely bad for SEO to have multiple pages with the same title, personally I'd advise you not to.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
for that you can just edit the wrapper template, you should see the - in the <title> tag near the top.

stickmenz

Bart, Yes I understand the SEO that is why I left the $header in the wrapper, but changed the "main_header" to "Top Minecraft Servers".

Mark, I removed the "-" from wrapper and it removed the "-" between $title and $wrapper, but behind $wrapper there is still another "-" followed by "All Sites". I think there is a secondary header?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ahh yes, that can be found in sources/rankings.php on line 38

PHP:
    $TMPL['header'] = "{$LNG['main_header']} - {$TMPL['category']}";
if you want to handle this via plugins (highly recommended) so you dont need to re-apply this change with each update

make a new file called "rankings_query.php"

with this content:
PHP:
    $TMPL['header'] = "{$LNG['main_header']}  {$TMPL['category']}";
upload this file to /plugins/seo/

and that will override it for you, the nice way.