Search Button misplaced?

jedwafu

I see, i'm using linux too when i first used vl after purchasing. Thanks for the response brother.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Did you by chance modified the font used on your site? Might explain it, looks somehow a bit bolder the text "search" and then the width of the search area is not enough anymore.
You can paste this in your user.css for now, which should fix it. We simply make the area a bit more width ( play around with the width until it fits )
Code:
#search {
    width: 205px;
}
And if you could post your url ( or PM me ) that would be awesome too, so i can see the problem first hand and not just via a screenshot

jedwafu

Hmmm i'm not trying to edit anything. Even with the demo site you have, I'm still seeing same search button under the search box.

I'll send you a pm.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I see, very odd. Thanks for the link, ill get someone with linux and teamviewer so i can inspect what is happening on such system

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, it appears to be a linux "issue". Not exactly an issue, but linux treats sans-serif font type bigger, resulting in a bigger submit button, resulting in to much width for the surounding container, hence breaking the button onto a new line.

Most easy fix, open screen.css and find
Code:
#search {
    background: url("img/searchbg1.png") no-repeat transparent;
    float: right;
    height: 30px;
    margin: -5px 0px 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    text-align: left;
    width: 200px;
}
replace that with
Code:
#search {
    float: right;
    height: 30px;
    margin: -5px 0px 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    text-align: left;
}
Removed the backgound image ( old stuff anyway, not anymore used ) and the width of the search area.
Since the input from search itself has a width, it could be safely removed to guarantee different font displays make no issues