Screenshot updating

Lynda Cawley

Hello All

Just wondering is anyone else having problems with updating Screenshots.

All has been good until today and now for some reason it has stop working for me
on my website.

I'm Just getting blank black screens and help we be great.

Thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
properbly a slight issue with the screenshot server. Happens from time to time. Iam sure Mark will look into it when he have a minute

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
HI Lynda, which version are you using? if you have not yet updated to 0.7 now would be the time to do so as it has major improvements on the screenshot rendering function. I will restart the screenshot server now just incase.

Lynda Cawley

Hello

Mark is now working again it was offline a few hours .

I have updated to the 0.7 already so it was not that i had not upgraded that was causing the problem.

But as i say it all working as normal again now thanks.

Cheers

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Hi,
after updating to version 0.7 it doesn't want to update screenshot for premium members, i have black screen (small) in some of the pages. have a look.
http://www.l2.votezone.eu/

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am not showing any requested screenshots from your API key, please try rendering all screenshots now and I will watch.

Screenshot rendering in 0.7 has been greatly improved, I have seen 1000+ screenshots rendered on 0.7 without a single black image.

ptownbandit

I am finalizing my site this evening and deleted test users which I had succesfully retrieved screens from previously, I added one site via a user I will manage in addition to my admin account. I went to generate screens and received these errors and a black image.
Code:
Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: 'screens/www.companyofheroesmods.com-phpBB-viewtopic.php-f=8&t=16.png' is not a valid PNG file in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 165

Warning: imagecopy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 166

Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: 'screens/www.companyofheroesmods.com-phpBB-viewtopic.php-f=8&t=16.png' is not a valid PNG file in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 216

Warning: imagecopy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 217

Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: 'screens/www.companyofheroesmods.com-phpBB-viewtopic.php-f=8&t=16.png' is not a valid PNG file in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 269

Warning: imagecopy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /homepages/12/d114244980/htdocs/COHM/screenshots.php on line 270
I am assuming it is due to invalid characters in the URL for the site? Since it is a forum page. Can this be resolved or will this always be the case if someone links to a forum post?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Submitting a forum post to a topsite should never happen under normal circumstances, but if you like I can give you some code that will parse out the domain name only and use that for screenshots. So if someone submits
www.companyofheroesmods.com-phpBB-viewtopic.php-f=8&t=16 then the screenshot would render as www.companyofheroesmods.com.png

But I highly recommend against doing this as it may have adverse effects on free hosted sites and subdirectories. I really dont see why someone would submit a single post URL like that in the real world.

Anna

OK, I have tried render screenshots for several days now for both my toplists but it doesnt work. I have a suspicion that my membership have run out and screenshot was connected to that was it not? If not, any suggestions?

EDIT: I got one more reaason why I DONT like microsoft. Tried updating in firefox instead if Explorer and it worked... [sic!]

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
HI Anna, thanks for the notification I'll check into the IE compatibility.

Just a reminder to everyone that screenshot rendering was given a big facelift in the 0.7 release and that is the only supported version at the moment :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
screenshot server is having connectivity issues, I am working with the DC to resolve

Kelly Ling

I just installed a completely new version of .08, and added one site for testing purposes. Screenshot was generated, but it is now black. Any ideas? homeschoolgold.net

Thanks!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kelly, that sounds like an incorrect or outdated API key. Try registering a new key or private message the one you are using now and I will activate it.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Just to follow up, with the correct API key screenshots worked as expected.