RSS Feed Importer

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.2#

Download the zip attached to this thread
Upload the zip via the plugins manager in your admin control panel

If you manually uploaded the plugin to your ftp, visit your plugin page within the admin area and
run the Installer
next to the plugin

Now your members can post their RSS feed for syndication into their stats pages from the user control panel. Compatible with all valid RSS Feeds: Twitter, wordpress, vbulletin, drupal etc.

Languages
- English, German

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have posted an updated ZIP, give it a try and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure its possible, if you know just a little PHP/HTML. In an effort to keep the signup form fast however this plugin will remain a part of the user control panel. We really want to encourage users to login to "enhance" their listing, this will become more prevalent as more of these types of plugins are created. That said, if you really want a specific feature/behavior we can provide a quote for custom implementation.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I'll have a look at this over the weekend and should be able to get a resolution fairly easy.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Alright the fix is now up, you can download and reinstall the updated plugin and your all set.

BareBlogg

One last thing:D

How do I change

Saturday 25th of August 2012 12:45:10 AM

To Norwegian -> Lørdag 25.August 2012 22:45:10

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
That date is coming from your servers PHP configuration, I believe you need to use the setlocal function: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.phpbut I am not familiar with this.

Some other options:

you can reformat the date by editing /plugins/RSSImporter/stats_compile_stats.php

PHP:
$TMPL['rss_pubDate'] = date("l jS \of F Y h:i:s A",$item['date_timestamp']);
You can use numeric options found here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

OR you can use the string replace function like so:

find:
PHP:
$TMPL['rss_pubDate'] = date("l jS \of F Y h:i:s A",$item['date_timestamp']);
add this after:
PHP:
$TMPL['rss_pubDate'] = str_replace("Saturday","Lørdag",$TMPL['rss_pubDate']);
$TMPL['rss_pubDate'] = str_replace("Sunday","Something",$TMPL['rss_pubDate']);
$TMPL['rss_pubDate'] = str_replace("Monday","Something",$TMPL['rss_pubDate']);

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
is stats_compile_stats.php again find:
PHP:
    foreach ($rss->items as $item) {
add this after:
PHP:
$feed_i++;
if($feed_i++ < 7){
then find:
PHP:
    $TMPL['rss_content'] .= $this->do_plugin_skin('./plugins/RssImporter','rssitems');
add this after:

PHP:
}
that should do it.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you use this plugin and updated to VisioList 0.9 it is required to reupload this plugin ( dont delete, just reupload ). This is because of the change on the statistics page.

h3rb

Hi,

the plugin work not for me, it shows no rss feed at the stats page.

I have download the plugin, unzip the archive and upload to the plugin folder on the server.
Then i have use the install button, i have insert a rss adress in the member area.

Can anyone help me, Thx?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
There is an error on the naming of one the files, open up the folder in your ftp, the file "details_compile_stats.php" should be named "details_compile_details.php" ( without quotes )

Ill update the plugin later today

h3rb

Thx it works,

now i have the Problem, the rss feed is over the disqus plugin, can i change this and where can i change the {$stats_before_stats}?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you can edit the details_compile_details.php file:

find:

$TMPL['stats_before_stats'] .= "<h2>{$LNG['rssimporter_stats_news']}</h2>{$TMPL['rss_content']}";

change to:

$TMPL['rssfeeds'] = "<h2>{$LNG['rssimporter_stats_news']}</h2>{$TMPL['rss_content']}";

then in your details template add {$rssfeeds} where you would like them to display.

You should also be able to do this without modifying the template and simply tweak the CSS, I have never witnessed the feeds overlapping disqus so I am not sure what specifically needs to be changed.

hope that get you going in the right direction.

I have also updated the plugin zip in post 1 to reflect the filename change.