Implemented Reward for vote

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
I saw on one voting webiste option of getting reward for giving vote.
Basicly it looks like that.
you presing Vote link on the website. That vote link is redirecting you to the vote website where you can vote by filling the reCaptcha (adsCaptcha what ever you use) and clicking on vote button (gateway page).
after the voting is successful, little window is poping up with a random code (i think is sid) that you can copy and paste on the website your click the vote link from. If the code is correct the person that used that vote link is getting reward of "whatever is set up by admin of this website". If wrong then you getting nothing.
More info about it on this website:
http://l2ranking.com/vote-reward-system.html

What is the chance to have something like that with Visiolist as plugin. I do strongly believe that this feature would be really beneficial for all. :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If i understand right, I think this has been discussed before but the reality is it is a very small/easy mod on the VisioList side and a bigger mod for your members to each need to code into their sites (that is the real problem as not all sites run PHP). This would ONLY work for a specific script or game, therefore it has no mass appeal and is not beneficial to all. In the case of your example its only usefull to lineage based topsites.

But yes its very easy, no its not universal. It requires all of your members to write their own code, which is not realistic.

Morus

I'm focus only on games maybe that is why I wrote about benefits of having it.
The code for members is not hard at all. They just need to copy and paste the code that appears after voting. simple.
For the person that is holding a game server, well, he need dedicated server for game server anyway (or at least Virtual one) so the admin needs to set up everything from game to website. Adding additional script can be hard but not impossible.

Go to the website I hold (http://www.lineage2.org.uk , create account, log in, click on Vote link on the left side of menu and make a vote on L2ranking.com. It will redirect you to vote site. Pop up window will appear with the code. copy it, back to my site and paste the code to the text line. Then click Claim reward.

Its not only beneficial to game servers. Just imagine if you would add add it to the things you already created in the post below (get credits for voting on websites)
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/how-do-you-choose.256/

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
again though I dont think your understanding what I am saying about this. 90% of this mod has nothing to do with VisioList ;) The remaining 10% is VERY easy on the VL side, but totally useless without someone coding the other 90% which is going to be different for EVERY site/game, therefore this cannot be a core feature since its useless without your members doing their end of the work.

Morus

I know what you mean now :) sorry misunderstood you.
It will be more like personal favour to you then ;)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
my focus at the moment is very clear in order to keep this project moving forward as efficiently as possible:

0) get new hardware infrastructure in place for screenshot server
1) answer support questions in the forum
2) coding core features for 0.7/0.8
3) complete work on paid custom coding requests
4) code free plugins that will benefit everyones VisioList
5) Create additional skins for our users
6) do free custom coding requests

happy to help you out, but it needs to come in order of priority :)

Morus

Of course, pririty is very important. Don't worry it was just act of curiosity from my site. :) Thanks for all help anyway ;)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no problem, thanks for the suggestion. We are still discussing how we can do some incentivized traffic system, but its not easy since nothing is "standardized" when it comes to our users members and how they build their websites.