Created [Req] Minecraft Votifier Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by cajkan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. cajkan
    • Licensed

cajkan Active Member

2. Basti
    • Staff

Basti Administrator Staff Member

I have made this mod already. Though not released yet and not compatible with 0.9
    Sometime next week ill hand it to 1 or 2 users to test it out.
  3. daannet

daannet Member

Hi Basti, Could you send me the old code? Than i knows the structure. I can update it and i will send it to you Basti.
  4. Basti
    • Staff

Iam sending it tomorrow, need to update 1-2 things so it dont conflict with the Servercheck plugin
  5. daannet

daannet Member

Ok, Basti!
    I can't wait!
  6. Basti
    • Staff

Ok guys, feel free to try this out. But remember this code is written only by reading docs and example, so no way for me to actually test it, so we require your feedback here. The Vl part like checking for valid vote etc was tested and working when coded.

How it works ( should :) )
    1) You need to have gateway enabled for this version
    2) on the gateway, the voter can input his username he use in minecraft server. Once he finished writing, an ajax call is made to check if this user voted already today on your list. If so hole process is skipped
    3) if this is first valid vote, the script will make a call to the votifier api, informing it of a successful vote and who voted. From here on its up to server owner what to do with this info

- Members will need to input their votifier public api on registration along with the server ip/port from the server where votifier is "listening" on.

Install
    1) upload through plugin manager or
    - upload to ftp and click install icon
    2) place {$gateway_votifier} into gateway.html where you want the inputbox to appear

Let me know how this goes, been some time since this was coded, so it might be that it dont work. We will see

Attached Files:

cajkan likes this.
  7. cajkan
    • Licensed

cajkan Active Member

Will try out - got some stuff to do atm

Thanks Basti
  8. daannet

daannet Member

Thank You!
  9. unusables

unusables New Member

This doesn't seem to work with 0.9
  10. Basti
    • Staff

Doesnt tell me anything, provide info. Remember this is just a "out of the head" plugin, since i personally cant test it

What is not working?
    Join? Is everything else required showing? Like the input on the gateway page, dont see that for example. Also dont see anything on the join page
    Did the member provide the proper server ip and port votifier is listen on?
    Do they actually have votifier installed on their server? Did they correctly installed it? Did they modified their website to actually credit the voter?
    Did the voter input their correct username? ( player name )

There is a lot which can be wrong
  11. daannet

daannet Member

How can the gateway page in debug mode?
  12. Basti
    • Staff

what kind of debug do you have in mind? Basicly you cant debug the user which is entered ( beside if he voted today already ). In that case if you look into the ip_log table, the colum "m_user" holds the minecraft username he voted with.

Everything else practically happens on the votifier script on the gameserver. We send votifier the username, successfull vote or not, time and toplist from where the vote is coming from.
    What votifier owner do with that info is up to them and is really hard to test unless we have someone with a mincecraft server and votifier installed on it. Or a topsite member or reported if it works or not

Another thing to point out is that your webservers firewall must have outgoing socket ports open ( 25565 usually on minecraft ), else no info can be sent to votifier
  13. daannet

daannet Member

The in_valid.php doesn't included.........

I have a vps were the firewall is off :) votifier runs on port 8192
  14. Basti
    • Staff

not sure what you mean here, it is included
  15. daannet

daannet Member

If someone voted the page do nothing. No connection or something.
  16. Basti
    • Staff

Well a few facts, in_valid.php only do something if he havent voted within 24 hours. Beside that, lets continue in a conversation, dont want to fill the topic with debugging.
  17. cajkan
    • Licensed

cajkan Active Member

If theres any changes to plugin please upload coz we want to use it :D
  18. daannet

daannet Member

we know approximately where the error is. I still have it for myself fixed, but only my webserver configration can handle it. Sorry. Basti is working on it!
  19. Basti
    • Staff

Apparently the plugin hook in_valid isnt working correctly, cant reproduce that on my list though, maybe some php security block on your site.
    daannet fixed it by manually including the file into the correct place in in.php . And the script actually works then.

So we know now at least that its working, just need to figure out whats happening with the hook, then this can be made a plugin offically
  20. unusables

unusables New Member

New plugin download link?