renaming stats page - URGENT FEEDBACK NEEDED FROM EVERYONE

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
it seems several server environments use the /stats/ path for internal use, the result is some VisioList users are unable to use clean url's on those hosts.

So we have decided to change our path to the members "stats" pages.

I was going to use /profile/ but I realize in some languages other than english this might not be ideal solution. Any suggestions to improve this?

version 0.9 will include the new path, as well as 301 redirects from /stats/username to /profile/username

now is your time to feedback on this issue :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
details or info would fit not that bad in other languages as well. Though i really like profile

Bart

Could we have an option in the admin panel so that we can rename it to what we want please as i personally would rather keep it as stats.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This might be a good idea, default stats with option to rename it if needed. Dont know out of the head how well that is to code though. Guess a template tag instead hardcoded text whereever "stats" for a link is printed would work out. Only handmade edit would be htaccess

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about this, but then integration with plugins etc may cause issues in the future. On my demo list I have it set in index.php as $TMPL['statspath'] but already there is problems with variable scope, class names, .htaccess, file names (action array).

Its a nice thought, but I am not convinced its worth it as it will no doubt introduce bugs now and in the future.

BUT... We will make it a variable anyway and those who want to use a different path are free to hack their code in all the required places. But this will not be encouraged or supported.

Bart

What about a field in the admin panel to rename it to whatever we want and then it automatically changes all the relevant paths and we change the .htaccess if need be, something like VBSEO, you can change the path and it automagically works :p

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You just repeated your last request :) My post above outlines some of the problems with that, there will be several manual edits you will need to make beyond the .htaccess and as I said there are problems with variable scope and class names etc.