Re: Not getting emails...

clixcity

License Active
Well, I started to get emails. When I sign up for a test account it will now send me an email but it goes to my spam folder. But at least now I know people will get an email after signing up. On the other hand, I have the admin settings set to send me an email when a new sign up happens but I am not getting emails about new signups. (I use different email addresses for test accounts and admin functions) I looked at my error log but didn't see anything about emails. I do have an error from sessions.php starting on line 53-55 but it's about cookies.

so... i don't know what to do next.

Last edited:

clixcity

License Active
*Update*

SIgned up for another test account and again didn't get any emails. Not to the address I signed up with nor to my admin address.

:(

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
All the mail functions use the same code, you would need to check your exim mail log for clues what is going on with your host. I signed up to your list and got the welcome mail, as well as the forgot password mail, so the script and the server are certainly capable sending mail.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I would assume your admin mail account is blocking incoming mail
many mail accounts do this when no SPF and DKIM anti spam mail dns records are present

Check with your host and ask them if these are properly setup for your account as well

Aditionally you can check this yourself, if you check in cpanel "Email Deliverability" page.
In there it list your domain which you can click on the little "manage" link

In there it should tell if you have the spf and dkim records setup or not