Question about eMail Members

aikidesi

On the eMail Members Admin page, what are the two small input fields? One is located just above the input field for the Subject of the email and the other is located just above the Email Members button; neither field is labeled.
Thank you,
Frank

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm both should be labeled but I think I made a mistake on this update that didn't populate the language files..

the top is: "Email members who are inactive for more than how many days. (leave blank to email all members):"

the small one on the bottom is:
"Send 1 Email Every How Many Seconds:"

to fix this, you can update these in your admin -> content -> manage languages
add new phrase

Phrase Name: a_email_throttle
Language: English
Definition: Send 1 Email Every How Many Seconds:

Phrase Name: a_email_inactive_days
Language: English
Definition: Email members who are inactive for more than how many days. (leave blank to email all members)::

aikidesi

Thank you, Mark!
BTW, I did leave them blank and successfully sent out a message; however, I received a bunch of error messages that were all the same... I think I must have received one for every address in the distribution... Warning: sleep() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/content/a/i/k/aikidefy/html/topnj/sources/admin/email.php on line 162

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I believe if you would have left it as the default "1" that warning would not have been displayed. That simply means it will wait 1 second before sending each email. If blank, you will get an error and the system will not wait at all and all messages will sent instantly.