Promo's?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Currently none are running. We believe our affiliate system makes more then up for it ;)

Hint, its 20$ commission per sale through ur affi link

Once in a while we have a promo for aardvark upgraders, but noone yet as you described

legendz

AcemanWolf
Currently none are running. We believe our affiliate system makes more then up for it ;)

Hint, its 20$ commission per sale through ur affi link

Once in a while we have a promo for aardvark upgraders, but noone yet as you described
That affiliation system is nice but some of us stop using that. I have tried to promote VL but no luck. I just have a lot of clicks. So i stopped and started worrying about myself :)

Hopefully someday VL will have a promo :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
we did a special offer on upgrades with 1.0 but nothing really for new orders. I'll talk with Basti and we will come up with something today or tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
We have been discussing some new pricing options for some time now, I think we are close to a solution.

We would like to release some big extensions (guest blogs, paid ad system etc) but they are time consuming not only to create, but also maintain and support. There is no doubt that $29 is not a suitable price point for everything, we also dont really want to sell a bunch of individual paid mods... We'll see... we have a few little wrinkles to figure out before we roll out the new price tables and products.

top50servers

Maybe Visiolist should look into a credit system.

Currently a referral from a user will still pay the normal price for the Toplist, but the referee will receive a cash-back for linking them to Visiolist.

What if rather then linking for a cash reward, they where linked for a point system that meant when someone was refereed you could offer Visiolist at a discounted price and still maintain the profit, simply using points to buy paid plugins or other benefits. This is more like a 'Gift Card' style of rewards since it still has to be used on Visiolist. I doubt anyone would complain as there are still using the Toplist software anyway.

Examples of credit spending could be:

• Renew Visiolist License
  • Upgrade Visiolist License
  • Remove Branding
  • Buy possible future premium plugins
I understand making a whole new payment system would cost time and possibly money, but if you increase the price and still offer a discounted version, it 1 looks better to the customer who thinks they are getting a better deal and 2 allows users to gain without the need for a cash return.

Just a small suggestion.

legendz

AcemanWolf
Well, the reason i'm asking is because I want to buy another license. I hold 2 licenses right now and I know some people in VisioList only has 1 license and not planing to buy another.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions :)

given that we just overhauled our members area / payment / forum access system a few months ago I dont think I want to go back and revisit that for creation of a credits system.

We could however reward top affiliates with bonuses easily enough, but with just 4% of our sales coming from affiliate referrals (even back when we were paying $20 commission on a $29 deal) I'm not sure how much value is in investing time coding something like this.

I think we are instead looking at a multi tier membership. A "premium level" members area access will give full access to our premium plugins and possibly some marketing tools. Nice and simple, and hopefully great for the developers and users.