Working On It Personal Profile Page W/Favorites

chwolf

No longer a customer.
It'd be nice if site owners (and fans!) could create an account *and* have a profile display with info such as sites the user has on the top list, or if they're just a fan, a list of comics they've voted for. Sort of a "favorites" list based entirely on what votes their IP matches.

Think "Social Networking Lite". Nowhere near as complex as an actual networking site, but a nice little page people can direct others to. IE: "Check out my favorites list."

It'd also be nice if it showed the last comments the user left, etc. but I'm sure a lot of stuff like that could come after the initial creation of the ability to have a profile in the first place.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes this is something we planned for the long range. Trying to step away from the common Toplists, but currently there are a few important bugs, features we need to adress before

kapearl

I love this idea. I was just looking to see if there was a "Favorite" or "Like" plugin or option available. I like the idea of IP based so a user doesn't necessarily have to have an account to favorite a listing. I bet my members would love to see a heart or star icon w/#'s growing on it. Here's an example https://web.archive.org/web/20140722162648/http://www.moyodirectory.com/malulenzi (unfortunately the site is closed but found an archive). This example has 68 Loves. If I remember correctly you didn't need to be logged in to heart listings.

Sorry to reply on such an old post... just saw the working on it status and was so happy!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ya there are many things not addresses which we would like to have implemented.
Back then vl 2.0 which has a normal user register function, wasnt even thought about, so i think this is nothing for the current state of this product.

While it would work, it really makes the database grow really big, really fast. As a result of storing everything ( and keeping ) based on an ip. Would be much more efficient in the 2.0 branch of this, which is nowhere near complete, but still.