Created Page Redirecter

Bart

Heya,

So, I'm getting a high Bounce Rate which isn't too good and i was thinking, is it possible to have an exit page on Visiolist?

So when click on a site, instead of getting taken straight to the site it would take them to another page on my site which would say something like "We are loading SiteName, thank you for using TopListName" and after ~3 seconds it loads what they wanted.

The point of this would be:
  • Lower Bounce Rate
  • More Page Views
  • More Views of our adverts as we could put up adverts on the exit page
Personally i see this as an easy way to make a few extra $ and decrease bounce rate and increase site ranking a little as each person would view 2 pages on your site instead of potentially only 1.

Regards,
Bart

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
We have to see what others think, i myself am no fan of that. If you want to increase pageviews and ad display just make the out link to the stats page of the member.
You can display ads there and it gives the visitor way more info at the same time as a simple "we redirect you".

We will see

Bart

I agree with you that it's useless but potentially if we wanted to sell our topsite it would look bad on us as there would be a high bounce rate, with this the user would see a minimum of 2 pages and it would also increase the page views and it would increase advert revenue a little.

So i see 3 benefits to this, and on an exit page you can put more adverts than on a stats page, 2 leaderboards and 2 sky scrapers could go on the exit page.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I really suggest you not to, but if you must. Plugin developement is 25$/hour
This would properbly take 1-2 hours, but i first would need to think how to handle it generally.

On first glance we would need to change
- the javascript function in wrapper.html to not call out.php but forward.php
- In forward.php get member url, title etc
- setup a template to use. full page width? or a general template like stats?
- redirect to out.php

Please be advised that this would produce 2 redirects in a row (forward.php -> out.php -> member url)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That does not work. The way you described it, we would neeed to hack out.php, page.php which is a bit overboard.
The way i have it in mind we make a new out.php file ( forward.php, redirect.php whatever )

And i just tthought again, actually everything we do in out.php could also be handled in forward.php so you would have no extra redirect