Newbie - Looking forward to a challenge!

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Hey all, I'm Mucka Jay and just bought the full branding free license and really looking forward to testing this out!

I have Aardvark topsites already but have been reading this forum for a few months now and thought it was time to take the plunge and purchase!

Here is what i am planning (telling you as I think I will become part of the furniture here within a few weeks with the amount of questions and challenges I will bring to you all lol)...

I run a radio station and running a battle of the bands competition on air with a voting system. I used aardvark last year (www.tbfmchart.com) for the voting and it worked great but very limited. I plan to have 10 categories with 10 bands registered in each one. The bands put the vote button on their website/social pages to get votes in. Last year we attracted 4million website hits in 2 weeks during the final of the competition so I want to add something like adf.ly to make a bit of cash.

I have looked at your exit page plugin which would work but can it be done from the entry to the voting instead of exit? What I mean is, the voter gets the adf.ly website before the gateway? I am thinking that would be something I would do separately though not within VL but thought I would ask.

We will also be removing almost all of the other features such as premium, new websites etc as we will not be letting bands register (we will register them and give them their unique code ourselves).

The competition doesn't start until February next year so hopefully we have time to set this up, customise it and test the cheat processes with plenty of time to spare. One final question, do you get many cheating issues? Last year with aardvark we seemed to have a bit of issues with cheating. Hopefully the system you have will mean we should not have too much of it but as there is a record contract for the winning band, it gets feisty! Anyway, thats me... I will install later and see what happens!

Mucka Jay - TBFM Internet Radio.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hell Jay, welcome :)
I have looked at your exit page plugin which would work but can it be done from the entry to the voting instead of exit? What I mean is, the voter gets the adf.ly website before the gateway? I am thinking that would be something I would do separately though not within VL but thought I would ask.
For this you would need different voting links with the adf.ly code before our actual link ( can be done with a plugin, but you cant have the default link codes active, so we praactically would copy whichever vote button you need )
But not tested the vote gateway would show up if you use google friendly link for voting ( without the index.php?a=in&u=username ), so you might need to disable that feature )

do you get many cheating issues?
I think nothing has been reported yet, if there is a cheater usually the account gets removed from public view ( thats how i would do it )
Proxy voting is still possible yes, like with the majority of scripts. There is however a little javascript is testing by our members which prevents that on some ( you cant block all, unless you manually block access ).
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/test-proxy-prevention.1026/

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
I won't need Google friendly links as this will be all over Facebook and Twitter and band websites. They won't require the default link code anyway, just what ever we give them so should be fine. I'm a long way off yet from that but good to be thinking ahead!