Migrate from Toplistx failed

kapearl

I used the importer and it brought it all the categories for the most part successfully but failed after just a few members. 13 out of 5k +. Looking at my database, I've got autorank and toplistx tables (started with autorank, upgraded to toplistx). Could that cause the problem?

The error message was this:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

I also had a question about the Join Fields. I am assuming those are the same as Custom Fields that were used in Toplistx. Is there a way to import that information? Or because my import failed, that didn't get imported? Thank you for any advice or help.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I have no experience using that importer, as Mark always handles these ones, so you might need to wait a bit till he see this post.

But the main issue is that there is a syntax error in one of the database queries. What that is, i dont know. Line 1 would be very unlikely, unless line 1 starts with a database query already

I also had a question about the Join Fields. I am assuming those are the same as Custom Fields that were used in Toplistx
The same? Unlikely ( dont know toplistx though ), but if such stuff exist, im sure Mark made something to import those, if not it would be a nice addition to the importer

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, there is no importer for custom fields, those probably need to be custom coded for each individual users application.

Regarding the syntax error, most likley one of your members has some characters in their title/descrtiption that is breaking the query. If you can send me FTP/phpmyadmin logins I would be happy to take a look and create a patch that would allow the importer to complete.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay, and thanks for following up. After the Christmas break I find myself crippled with past due projects, I am working hard to get caught up and will get to your importer issues as soon as possible, give me about a week or so.