Implemented Manage Hook Positions in side colums via admin cp

Karl

If it is possible it would be nice to be able to manage the manage the hook position of features in the side column via the admin cp similar to the way the menu manager works.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that is on our todolist allready. Same goes for the stats page. Once someone has many plugins, the order isnt optimal mostly.

We try to adress that for 0.7 - 0.8
Admin Language editor is on todo as well, dunno which of them we give priority yet, properbly plugins.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
had a quick look at this while doing the activate/deactivate plugin feature but still dont really have a good idea how to handle the firing order of the plugins... Its gotta be done for sure, but I'm thinking it might be easier to let the admin simply place a tag manually in the skin rather than using my "template hook locations"... not ideal... still looking into it though.

we may just remove teh template hooks and have the user manually place the template tags as needed.

CrazyCoder

hey Mark, i got an idea for you ;)
just have a look at the block manager of torrent trader ! :)))))
i give you the link of one of my demo site, because i used to code for years for them ;)

http://top-underground.net/tt_207/

i send you the username and password by pm,
so you can login and go to the Staff Cp, then, click on the Blocks feature :))))

you'll see it in action, i also join you the few files managing the blocks and a complete version of TT :))))

itsa good way to manage blcoks on the page, very simple and usefull :)
see you

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
scripts like Drupal and wordpress both have fantastic methods for ordering blocks, the UI is not the problem. The problem I have is how to set the firing order of the actual plugin code.

CrazyCoder

wouuchhh ok ok i see, i will look in deeper at your plugin manager,
if i find a way before you, i'll report it to you :)
To go ahead faster, i modified the core to suits to my buddy crazy and mad wishes,
but i am now coming back to the original core, and converting all of my new codes onto plugins,
well, as far its possible, considering the result we wanted to reach.

i understand it would be a real nightmare to update the core it in the future,
if updates mismatche with my own modifications.
And in addition, as my buddy is not a coder, i will have to do it for him at alltimes.

So, with careness i do my best to adpat my new codes to the original core.
there are just a few stuff, i dont think its possible to convert as plugins,
i had to modify the core behavior,
and some changes seems impossible to realize without those customizations.

if you wanna take a look at my stuff, i'll give you the test site adress by pm ;)

Anyway, once finished, i'll post the link at your forum.