Bug Fix Manage Banners Auto Corrects Out (( & ))

GregB

I have a url with a bunch of &'s in it so in order to validate i'm replacing them with & but every time I hit save in the manage banners section it deletes the amp;

cajkan

Yeah, i had the same problem.
Looks like its tiny mce editor problem, i know one guy edited that page directly via phpmyadmin and edited sql, or you can try to disable the tiny mce and edit in raw html code

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
tinymce is not used on the manage banners page :) something else is converting it

cajkan

I was thinking for amp; sometimes got some problems with tinymce, but its wierd why you would use amp; on images lol

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Might this be a mod security issue? Not that experienced there, but a possibility.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, I think it's with the escape function, need to investigate further but it's confirmed.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed the encoded ampersand
Code:
&
get correctly inserted into the database, so that is not the issue.

The issue is that when you load it again, its an html entity, and as such converted to it correct visual display ( & ) again.
If you dont edit it again all is correct on the main site, just when you edit the ad again its not correct, see explanation above.

We will post a solution soon

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok this seems to work.
Please open sources/admin/manage_banners.php

find
Code:
    while (list($id, $name, $display_zone, $code, $active, $views, $max_views) = $DB->fetch_array($result)) {
below insert this
Code:
      $code = htmlentities($code, ENT_NOQUOTES, 'UTF-8');
This might have some side effects, so needs a bit of testing before making it into visiolist core. So if you can help out in testing that would be great