Low Priority: Wondering if We Can Mess With the Footer Link Making it an Affiliate Link

freecashpro

Professional Web Developer & Coder
Not really meaning to sound petty (but may be failing and actually doing so :cool: ) but my whole life for the past decade has been as an affiliate of this or that (and my main line of business is actually owning an affiliate network) and I'm seeing that VisioList link in the footer of my install and the little affiliate devil on my shoulder is poking me saying "hey, you could reasonably make that your own affiliate link for VisioList instead of the straight URL link that's already there" (lol)

I know, at least for myself, when I like a script that I see online then the first place I look for more information and a link for the script provider would be in the footer.

May I have your (whomever is 'official' here) blessing to replace that link with my own affiliate link from the VisioList affiliate program - for VisioList?

Not a real big deal, just curious ;)

Thanks.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ill poke Mark about this, if i remember correctly, he had a plugin to handle this. If not its real easy to do. Ill get back to you

freecashpro

Professional Web Developer & Coder
Oh, I can actually get it done - no problem - easy (I code) Thanks ;) I was just asking if the authors of the code mind if I do it - that's all :cool:

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
the best way to do this is to make a plugin to inject your affiliate URL into the powered by tag :) its totally fine to do this, and is a great way to boost affiliate sales.

I will add this to my list of things to post soon, I think its a nice plugin that I know I have built in the past, i tried automating it but it got complicated quick.. so manually adding your affiliate ID is all this will take.