Logging into Admin

I have noticed sometimes when I have log into the admin page (the browser has the password saved) and then I click a menu item, it goes back to the log in page. I know it is not a cached copy because I might have a new member listed.

Using Firefox as a browser. I assume it could be a browser issue. Still on version 0.6 (haven't had time to upgrade)

cajkan

Delete cookies and histories :D

its probably browser issue...

Coz into settings theres option for how many days to save cookies and all stuff

And upgrading to v0.7 would be good :D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
This issue has been around for years with ATS too, it typically only affects people with more than 1 list. I have not had this happen to me in a very long time but can those of you who see this confirm that you have more than 1 list you log into as admin?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
and what browser are you experiencing this with?

What are the URLs before, during, and after you login? Is the url path the same?

Are you using any rewrites to avoid duplicate domain issues? for example: redirect all requests four yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com

the reason this is likley happening for you is your logging in to admin with yourdomain.com but your $list_url is set to: www.yourdomain.com. So you would get logged out when clicking any link.

For SEO purposes you should have a nice 301 redirect to handle this for you, it will also correct your login problem.

.htaccess
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^yourname\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yourname.com/$1 [R=301,L]​

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
then i can only assume your list url is not www version OR you accessed the admin without the bookmark you generally use.

I consider this issue resolved and is not a bug since I cannot reproduce unless I use a different base path.

If problems persist for either of you, I strongly recommend you follow my instructions above and fix your probably URL canonicalization problems.