License Code for users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerki

I would like to request a core feature to VL for precautions reasons;

1.) Children trying to release files to think it's funny; Link removed by basti

2.) One license code per domain.

I've might of posted this before, but I really think it's necessary. You may think it's not but I do because for one, people are using ripped versions of VL and gaining money from them. Why not do people a favor and protect them from scammers. So, upon installation, each VL account has a license key and can be used once per domain. If attempted to use more than one website, both websites show a blank page. I think this is a HUGE security prop for both us and VL itself. Please leave feedback, and let me know if you support. :) Also already installed files per domain, since Mark made it so your VL with update everytime theres a new update, I think this core file will update to the domain and you must check your members area for your code. Until you've put your code, a page will show on your domain consisting of request a code. Once placed, your main index page will show with everything as it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
#2 if he knows a tiny php php, he can just remove the code which checks for licensing, all work for naught. Really, the world is full of little *****. Not worth the trouble

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The only way to do this is to encrypt our source code.... VisioList is committed to remaining open source

soccerki

#2 if he knows a tiny php php, he can just remove the code which checks for licensing, all work for naught. Really, the world is full of little *****. Not worth the trouble
Okay, take for example what you got for VL. A fully core file where if you remove the footer code (branding) it shows a blank page. Do the same for what you did with that and do it with the code. You remove the code, a page shows "You cannot remove the license validation".

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes soccerki, thats it, tiny php knowledge and anyone could remove it.
We thank you for your concerns but as mark stated, things keep as they are

This easily turns into a rage topic, so im closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.