Language wouldn't install

Hostpro

VisioList Humanization Project
Hey,

I recently changed hosts and during the install it didn't install English like it did last time.

I clicked install English language pack and the dark screen came up but it was just blank.

So I clicked next and now it's saying it requires the language pack that never installed...

URL - http://mybbtopsites.com

Thanks,

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, the database was not filled with language stuff was it? please check in phpmyadmin. Table is vl_langs

Appears to me that your new host havent output buffering turned on. Never thought a host actually have it turned off.
Please ask your host to enable it to use language importer and screenshots

We will put in a check for the next version to make it visually display if there is an error and update system requirements.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
yup, all the importer actuaally does it read the import file, copy its content into database and makes a new php file in the language directory. So you have the same effect now, just that you cant edit languages from admin panel

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
We have updated VL install insctructions. As our importer writes a new file into your language folder, the languages folder must be chmodded 777 if you are not running your php installation with FastCGI or SuPHP.
This was forgotten to mention to new install people, but is now in the install file + docs

So, hostpro, please chmodd 777 the language folder and try importing from within the admin again. It should work then.