Just want to do small changes

Anna

OK, I am a simple girl and do not have that high demands so I just want to do small tweaks so that every different list I create feels unique. What I want to be able to do is:
-Change the background, preferably with a transparent photo or similar. But changing color works too.
-Change color of the "headers" - aka "New Members", Premium Members etc.

Any easy way to do this? I tried JQuery before but it did not change ALL of the list. Maybe I need to go in and change under plugins as well?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This is exactly why we included user.css , there you can overwrite the default css styles without loosing them again on the next update.

first make sure you have user.css in your skin ( which you should have if you updated correctly )
then in wrapper.html under
Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="skins/{$skin_name}/screen.css" />
there should be
Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="skins/{$skin_name}/user.css" />
- go to admin -> skins and categories -> click edit on your used skin.
- from the left, select user.css

1) the first change would be the body part right at the top. Between the brackets, enter
Code:
background: #f4f4f4 url(img/your_transparent_photo.png) no-repeat;
this would set a photo of your choice as background, uploaded in img folder of your skin. Its no repeating, so the rest of the background, which isnt filled with the image, uses the default color. You could also use
repeat-x : to make it duplicate over the screen horizontal
repeat-y : for vertical
repeat : both way

simply using a new color would be
Code:
background: #ffffff;
2) The heading from newest members etc can be made through user.css as well

find
Code:
h3.heading  {

}
between the brackets again enter your new css
for example instead of blue heading use an dark orange

Code:
background: #ff8c00 url(img/bg9.png) bottom left repeat-x;
Some explanation: #ff8c00 is the dark orange , the image in there is the gradient effect of that heading
Full reference of what currently is in use can be found in screen.css in case you want to edit more parts of it

Anna

Thanks! We will look into this and then most likely be back with zillions of questions^^