I have problem in importing language file

Yesterday I downloaded Visiolist from order email. I followed the user manual on this site. I uploaded the files on server and using file zila I chmod the files and folders as written in manual. While installing on language importer screen i clicked on import english bt it gives error as

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@topsite.topsiteforgames.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked error log of my site and from there I found this

[Thu Dec 27 07:08:17 2012] [error] [client 39.45.109.158] File does not exist: /home/top234/public_html/topsite/500.shtml, referer: http://topsite.topsiteforgames.com/install/index.php?import=1
[Thu Dec 27 07:08:17 2012] [error] [client 39.45.109.158] SoftException in Application.cpp:261: File "/home/top234/public_html/topsite/languages/importer.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://topsite.topsiteforgames.com/install/index.php?import=1

I clicked on next and it said your list is installed( bt the language was nt imported)
I tried to open it bt there was blank screen.
I then manually copied the language file english from import directory to languages directory and again ran the site it ran perfectly I went to admin and from there again I tried to import language but it gave me the same error. I even chmod the language folder and its sub directories to 777 and chmod the other required folders too. but it didnt import. Please tell me how to overcome that issue?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Are you able to provide a temporary ftp account for me? 500 errors are sometimes hard to track down and would need some closer lookthrough on the site where it happens.
Admin pass would be good too ( can provide file to change admin pass afterwards )

If so start a conversation with me ( click my avatar )