Hello i would like to buy domain and webhosting plan
my idea is to host topsite / toplist
simmilar to xtremetop100 or gtop100
Do i have any limmitations or anything
coz i dont wanna change hosting companies a lot
Heres some requirements provided by my php codder
--------------------------------------------------------------
PHP from 5.2.6 and up
MySQL 4.1x and up - (MySQL 5.x is supported)
Apache Web Server With Mod_rewrite enabled (optional but required for clean URL's)
PHP Compiled with GD Library (image manipulation)
PHP compiled with FreeType (for captcha option)
PHP compiled with cURL or fsockopen with OpenSSL
PHP Compiled with mb_string and iconv (for multi language characters)
Please reply me
And they reply me this

Thank you for your inquiry. After reviewing your situation, most of your software requirements are fine. After some research we have foudn that there can be some issues with using GD Library with FreeType in the Wordpress environment. Here is the information that we have found:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-gd2-library-support-amp-godaddy-shared-linux-servers

That said, we could not find any requirements for "FreeType" open source code. In theory this is only a matter of updating your php5.ini file. Please respond to this email with a link to the support page listing software requirements so that we can better assess your request.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Peter S.
Online Support Team
I wanna reply from Staff team to tell me can i run the website/toplist into godaddy

or should i try find other host

and give me some ideas about other hosts or anything related

Thank you

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
It will work. But you properbly cannot run the standart captcha ( use recaptcha, or adscaptcha instead ). But be prepared to switch hosts once your list got big or a buy a different plan from them. There will surely come complaints from them at that time

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well we have discused that before. Any host might be fine as long as they dont oversell their servers and explict allow topsites.
The server your on should have decent cpu and ram.
And keep your fingers away from hosts that claim unlimited everything

Shawn Hagan

mines on godaddy, although its still in beta forms.. i havent seen any issues with godaddy hosting .. well aside from their hideously non user friendly control panel

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
we will have our in house hosting available within a week or so starting around $10 per month. We understand the heavy CPU/RAM a topsite can use, most shared providers put thousands of sites per server (for example Shawn's godaddy server has 5410 other websites hosted on the same IP), and that just wont work well once you get a few members loading your buttons, especially if your counting pageviews or showing ranks on buttons. That type of hosting is typically suitable for low traffic sites or pure static HTML sites.