Bug Fix help with my errors

panzerdude

Just need some help with my test site errors. On my test site, I've been just testing my upgrade from VL 0.9 to 1.3 and I just need help understanding these errors and help removing them. These only pop up after I Change Settings in the admin panel.

I installed VL 1.0 first, then 1.2, then 1.3, I fixed my language errors by searching the forums, but not sure what to do about these below. Thanks

Notice: Undefined index: news_message in /sources/admin/settings.php(746) : eval()'d code on line 12

Notice: Undefined variable: p_terms in /sources/admin/settings.php(793) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sources/admin/settings.php(746) : eval()'d code:12) in /sources/admin/settings.php on line 796

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
those errors indicated your plugins are probably out of date, install the latest version of those plugins and you should be all set.

panzerdude

Thanks Mark, I updated all my plugins but I just disabled the Terms Plugin and the errors went away. But not sure why I get them errors if I try and use the Terms plugin.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
its just a notice, it means you have en empty variable.

it really sounds like you are installing an old version of the terms plugin. Try deleting the terms plugin completely, and upload fresh terms plugin downloaded from the resource manager.

panzerdude

its just a notice, it means you have en empty variable.

it really sounds like you are installing an old version of the terms plugin. Try deleting the terms plugin completely, and upload fresh terms plugin downloaded from the resource manager.
I tried that, but nothing changed.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I am not exactly sure why, but the plugin is a complete mess with variable names :/ maybe i was drunk? :rolleyes:

Oddly on our dev list all is correct. Ill post an plugin update in a min, please install it. That should correct those issues

panzerdude

I am not exactly sure why, but the plugin is a complete mess with variable names :/ maybe i was drunk? :rolleyes:

Oddly on our dev list all is correct. Ill post an plugin update in a min, please install it. That should correct those issues

Thanks allot man, no worries I'll test it out and let you know. :)

panzerdude

yep good to go now, thank you for the quick reply. Cheers