Google hangout - discuss the future of VL!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Mark
    • Staff

Mark Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone, I was thinking about setting up a "Google Hangout" on Sunday Nov 24 to discuss some of the cool ideas we have been kicking around for VisioList 2.0

a roundtable discussion about:

- the overall direction of the VisioList project
    - some ideas about the new user registration and management system
    - a preview of the new website and pricing
    - premium plugins
    - Guest Blogs
    - Ratings
    - Minecraft

what do you think? is that something you would sit in on? or do you prefer old fashioned forum thread?
  2. top50servers

top50servers Active Member

I would love something like this, the instant response and discussion would sort out a weeks worth of posts into an hour. I live in the UK so a hangout between 12pm-5pm I would miss on a Sunday as I have family arrangements.

But I love the idea. (Just saying, TwitchTV is better.)
    Mark likes this.
  3. leonor
    • Licensed

leonor Active Member

i would prefer old fashioned way :)
    cajkan and Mark like this.
  4. cr33p228

cr33p228 New Member

better skype conf or tinychat
  5. daannet

daannet Member

Hangouts is much better.
  6. Mark
    • Staff

I like chocolate ice cream :) my friend likes Vanilla, his friend likes strawberry...

Moral: I didnt ask what your favorite conference app was.... I asked if you think this would be beneficial and if you would attend.
    mwhite21 likes this.
  7. cajkan
    • Licensed

cajkan Active Member

Definitely Google Hangouts, i will be there on Sunday Nov 24.
    Sharing ideas, suggestions and talk with the users will bring lots of improvements for the VL Future.

Just give us GTM time when should we be there :), and some instructions, GTM+1 here.
    Mark likes this.
  8. Mark
    • Staff

If there is just a few more people interested we will do it and I will post the available times. Although 5 people have posted here it looks like only 2 might attend.
  9. cajkan
    • Licensed

cajkan Active Member

Im sure lots of people are intrested, they are just shy lol :)
    leonor likes this.
  10. thedarkwizard

thedarkwizard Member

Creating a thread about it might be better that way everyone can respond on their own time and the such.

But those are just my preferences.
    Mark and leonor like this.
  11. Mark
    • Staff

yeah i like threads too, infact I think we already have topics for most of this stuff :)

there is just something about a real conversation that is more engaging and can spawn new ideas faster.

Thanks all for your input, the level of interest isn't quite there yet for this. I may try again in the future, and will send out email invites to increase the turnout.
    top50servers, leonor and cajkan like this.