Facebook

legendz

AcemanWolf
I have my App ID and App Secret Code but I keep getting this error: "The parameter app_id is required". How do I fix that?

BTW the Fan ID is the whole URL of the FB page?

Thanks

Attachments

daannet

If you edit a page you see:
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=216420028461156
The id = your id :p

Greetings from a Facebook Developer :p

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
everyone has ID as far as i know, like daanet said its on the edit page link. But good to know this also works if you have an ID alias

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry this will never be input into the plugin. I highly disagree to put that on every meber on the ranking page. Tats really heavy on the loading time of your list.

If you must its easy enough to do yourself. Grab the like button code from facebook developers page, and simply change the url to use {$url}
Then put the code into table_top_row.html for example

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
A small update to go with the latest patch for 1.0. Nothing major, but will correct a few design issues who came up after the patch. A simple overwrite ( upload via admin plugin manager is enough )

Existing postings will not update ofcourse. New ones after you change the pictures should update. Try clearing your cache before you try it out.

Btw. with 0.7 Beta this plugin has changed to post to your facebook fan page instead of profile. Makes a little more sense as suggested by a few members.
I've tried that and same issue with default image in facebook plugin image.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose you talk about this? http://visiolist.com/community/threads/facebook.204/#post-1855
really odd i never had an issue with that, not while developing the plugin or using it myself in the past.

Out of interest, please change the image in settings, then click save, then try "allow permissions" once more. Maybe it get integrated into that somehow, but i highly doubt that.
All this plugin does is grab the image as per config when it posts to facebook during join. Still pretty certain that its cached at some point.

If it not work, i got to setup a new app myself again and test it, but cant before tomorrow

I decided to to change the name of the image in the settings and upload my same logo to the Facebook plugin folder. Just tried that and left black image on facebook. Has to be on my end I'll figure it out.