Working On It Email system suggestions

apexwebgaming

This is extract from my PM earlier:

Also, some features to make it more robust:
* Ability to filter for greater than and less than
* Ability to enter the username or site name in the email using variables: Like: Hi {username}
* Ability to de-dup the list so that guys with multiple listing only get 1 email
* Update the list of email (on bottom) as you apply the filter

* Sending email in the background to avoid timeout. Or have the page reload w/ index so that if it fails, the admin knows what happened. Right now, when it times out, I'm not sure how many emails I sent or who I've sent it to.
* Ability to send unsubscribe link in email for users who don't want admin emails
* Ability to send email (in general) via a SMTP server

Just some ideas if you have a list for the next version! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Ability to de-dup the list so that guys with multiple listing only get 1 email - This feature has been added for 1.0

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note: we will need to establish a way to handle some of these features.

ie. if we remove duplicate emails how do we know what {$username} {$url} template tags to be able to use in the email message... I am afraid with duplicate emails removed I am unable to come up with a solution to allow these extra tags.

Unless we query by unique "owner" instead of unique "email", this seems to be the best approach going forward though it will require a rewrite of this function (which is fine, just something to include in the plans).

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Another Follow up, some good news.

Optional SMTP Sending has been added to 1.0 release.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Another follow up, thanks to Basti's hard work this has also been included for 1.0

* Update the list of email (on bottom) as you apply the filter

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that was planned for 1.0 originally, but we rather wanted to get the release going since its been so long already. You can expect email verify on 1.1

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ability to filter for greater than and less than
This has been added into 1.3 when you filter by inactive days
With ability to filter by:
- greater than xx days
- greater than or equal to xx days
- lower than xx days
- lower tan or equal to xx days
- equal to xx days