Completely Disable Categories

fawnfancybits

Hello fellow listers,

I just purchased VisioList, sorry if this question has been run into the ground. I did a quick search for disable categories, remove categories, and delete categories, but nothing answered my question.

Is there a way to completely disable the entire category functionality?

My list is super niche and I have no use for further compartmentalization.

I'd also like to add that so far, VisioList has been money well spent. I upgraded from Aardvark and couldn't be happier. Well, if I can get rid of categories I will be slightly more happy.

PS. I realize I can probably just remove the code calling the category list on the sidebar, which I plan on doing anyway, I just wondered if there was a way to completely remove the functionality from all aspects of the list.

Thank you for your time,
♥fawn :D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
nope this is the first time this has been asked I think, but this is something I have done in the past.

The only way to do it is to hide the category input on the join form and userCP edit templates, and remove the category template tag references from wrapper, table_top_row, table_row, and stats templates.

when you edit your templates, be sure and use the "child" folder to store your edited templates (automatic if your editing via admin), that way you wont need to reapply your changes with each core upgrade.

if you have any questions or run into issues, do not hesitate to ask

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yeah that behavior with your CSS is caused by your cache (probably cloudflare) for sure