Clean URL's

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin updated.
There was a compability issue with the paid plugin "Callback" ( which gets free soon ). Please update your plugin, by simply reuploading the plugin zip from post #1

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin Updated to work with visiolist 1.1
This update is absolutely required so your new category urls will work!

Anna

Oki dokie, late shall the sinner awake (or something....). FINALLY got myself around to call our host to double check if they have enabled mod_rewrite, which they had. So my clean_url is still not working. The .htacess file is uploaded at the top of the current site. Anyone want to help me backtrack what is wrong so I fianally can get it to work....^^

Anna

Yup!

When I try it it simply takes me to an error page that states that the site does not exist....

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thats odd, a 404 page when using apache mod_rewrite is usually a sign that something is missing. A mod_rewrite disabled error would result in somethng different, so thats not it.
I assume something wrong with your htaccess, but what, that i dont know. Trying to find your ftp details in PM then i could have a look

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, it appears on your host a RewriteBase was needed.
Code:
RewriteBase /
Which says practically we are at root of domain. Majority of hosts doesnt require this, so we dont have it included. We will pull it into the next version ( but comment - inactive ) in case someone need to enable it.
http://www.spindelmor.se/details/Moonwitch/ you can enable clean urls now

Anna

Cool! Thank you! :) I have 2 more toplists (altough Spindelmor is the most active). Can I fix this myself? Or you want to have a go at it?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If they have the same issue, just add
Code:
RewriteBase /
Right under
Code:
RewriteEngine on