Cant deside wich host to buy :S

cajkan

Hello

ive recived this message into my mailbox its kinda ugly so i would like from users to tell me what they are using

Your account ACCOUNTNAME has been suspended for high server resources usage or Terms of Service violation.
Account was suspended for one of these reasons:

- High web server usage. Your scripts or cron jobs overloading our server. Shared web hosting environment is not for your website, your should consider about dedicated server.
- High MYSQL usage. Your scripts are overloading our MYSQL server, your should optimize your mysql queries, add indexes, disable delayed inserts.
- Your website gets too much visits. Our server can handle about 30,000 visitors per website per day. If you are getting more visitors, you should buy dedicated server for your website.
- Compromised website. Someone got access to your website and uploaded malicious content to it, sending unauthorized mass mail or makes other damage.
- Terms of Service violation: http://www.hosting24.com/tos.php

Please contact us from http://www.hosing24.com/members/ and we will unsuspended your account, but you will have take actions to resolve this problem immediately.

Thank you,
www.hosting24.com
can you guys give me suggestion what host do you use

Thank you

Bart

!!Never go with 1and1!!

They are the worst host i have ever been with, their support is also terrible, the guy don;t know what they are doing half the time.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Anytime you see "host unlimited domains on unlimited disk space with unlimited bandwidth" for under $4 per month.... well I will say no more and let the future decide :) Common sense indicates those servers are drastically oversold and any busy website will be suspended. Those type of hosts are suited for low traffic, static sites. But best of luck!

Bart

Shared hosting is the best hosting for a site with under 10k/month page views, if you have more than that you are right they will need a VPS or better hosting.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Generally speaking sure, but lets add some clarity.

It really depends on your site (how many queries and what type of processes are spawned) just think about a topsite for a moment... every member on your site will load your button (usually site wide). If your counting pageviews or showing rankings on your buttons that means every visitor to every one of your members sites will result in several MySQL queries being made on your server (never mind the apache request your server will handle everytime your members get a pageview). So if you have only 3 members but they are popular websites (lets say each of your members gets 10K per day) your shared hosting account will need to make 50,000+ MySQL queries per day for each member. You might only get 50 unique visitors a day with 3 members, but your server CPU/RAM usage is through the roof... even though your using very little bandwidth and diskspace.

This is why there were 100,000+ Aardvark topsites 5 years ago and only 15,000 or so today. Spammers (sohbet from Turkey) crushed sooo many hosts and brought down most small - mid sized topsites.

Shared hosting on a large server with a limited number of accounts can handle far more than 10K/month. But hosts who promise the world for a couple dollars do not want topsites or popular websites.

This is why VisioList has an option for zero MySQL queries (dont show ranks, dont count pageivews) for users who have topsites that make little or no money, this can save a ton of server resources and perhaps keep you in a shared hosting environment longer. Otherwise button.php to most shared hosting companies is basically a perfect example of a DDOS attack. I know this all to well, 5 years ago I hosted 40,000+ topsites and was forced to shut down the topsite hosting program from constant attacks and need for full time server admins monitoring connections. Now with VisioList I have built in smarter functions into button.php and improved and optimized my hosting environment specifically for this purpose.

In short, if your topsite is not making money yet, consider using text links as the backlink option and don't count pageviews. You can run a gigantic list with that option and save a ton of money on hosting. If you plan on counting pageviews and using dynamic buttons, you need to get a good host.