Callback Vote Check

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.5#

Credit for this plugin goes to LemoniscooL . Originally it was a paid plugin but he stopped the support and handed it over to us. So here it is for free and a bit extended

What does Callback Vote Check mean?
The Callback System catches the votes, checks the database if the user voted already today, and then calls a script located on your members server telling the script if that person voted already.
The script on your webmasters server will then be able to reward the voter automatically with whatever he wants, for example virtual currencies or downloads etc.

Features?
1) Postback function: This plugin adds the possibility for your webmasters to check weather a user of them voted already on that day or not and according to that reward them with something for example game currencies or a download etc.
  • Explanation and example script for the toplist member are located at your-site.com/callback-guide/ or your-site.com/?a=callback if you use no clean urls. You should add this url to your menu so your users know what to do
2) IP check function: Ability to simply visit a specific url on your list to see whether a specific ip voted already or not. It can be used by the member or yourself

Installation
1) Upload the .zip file via the plugin manager inside the ACP
2) Visit your admin settings -> Premium promotion setting and fill in your server ip ( ask your host if you are unsure ). This is an important step and helps your members to validate that the call to their script came from your website. Could also be disabled if needed. Send me a pm for instructions if you must
3) open skins/your_skin/gateway.html and find
Code:
{$list_url}/index.php?a=in&u={$username}&sid={$sid}
and change it to
Code:
{$list_url}/index.php?a=in&u={$username}&sid={$sid}{$p_callback_id}
4)If you use clean urls add the following to the rewrite rules located in .htaccess
Code:
RewriteRule ^callback-guide/ index.php?a=callback [L]
Updates
  • 09.12.2012: Fixed the error reporting
  • 29.12.2012: Fixed incompatibility with ServerCheck Plugin
  • 02.01.2013: Implemented the Plugin Update Check of VL 0.9
  • 09.01.2013: Implemented the Extern IP Check function (request of cajkan)
  • 02.09.2013: Code updates, major bug fix with the callbackback function
Required Visiolist Version
VisioList v0.9
Versions below are not tested and may lead to unexpected results!

If you used the previous paid version. Either fully uninstall it or drop me a PM with ftp/cpanel/admin data so i can update your previous version, as there are quite a few changes in the code.

Attachments

deeaka

top50servers.com/?a=callback or if you changed .htaccess it would be top50servers.com/callback-guide/

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah my mistake, ?a=callback for no clean urls, your right. Ill correct that

deeaka

Hi. I have a request for this script from some of my user. Here is the quote:
"So the problem is that whether the player has voted or not .. not about having multiple IP's which can be solved by cool down time 1-100 hours

€ also you can check if you can add 1 more variable to the url ( cache = HASH ) and it will be stored in the db and it will change when the cool down time is over"

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No need for that. All that have to happen on the members script. He needs a table which stores votes daily, voted = 1, user = xxx
Like shown in the example callback script
If the entry in table exist, he voted already. No need for me to edit anything and make it unnecessary complicated with to many table columns

If he is unable to create a a new table he has to hire a coder for him to do and update the example script lying on site ( update table, column names )

This is the part in his script
Code:
        // Check if that user voted already
        // Adjust this query to match your table, column names etc
        $voted = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT voted FROM vote_list WHERE user = '$userId'"));
        if(!$voted[0]) {
            // User has not voted, grant him reward, for example points
            mysql_query("UPDATE votepoints SET points = points + 1 WHERE user = '$userId'");
        }
        else {
            // Do whatever you want if he voted already. Maybe a log of false votes
        }

autosurf

I am trying to test this plugin I waited a long time :)

I installed the plugin on version 0.9 (accuracy) and waiting to translate the text and explanation in French, I disable the plugin in the admin section.

But I always find a trace of this plugin on the registration page?
http://www.classement.pro/join/ ("URL to check the votes (Optional)")

however, http://www.classement.pro/callback/ page is not displayed (normal :)) (i rename callback-guide by callback)

This is normal or a bug for the join page ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah its no bug in itself, its cause the plugin makes use of admin custom join fields, to automatical create and secure the this new join element.
But its not build to work together with plugin disable.

Ill try if i find a workaround in the feature. Until then simply hide the element using css please ( when enable, delete this again )

in user.css put
Code:
#acf_callback_container { display: none; }

autosurf

ok, thank

I finished the translation and I re-installed the plugin.
Indeed having deactivated it has deleted the files?

I authorized to display the input form of the url in the member area.
I will test this function in more detail before offering my members ...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
deactivating doesnt delete any files. When you deactivate a plugin, the folder on ftp will be renamed so its not being read the plugin include feature

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what you mean, inclusion example has been given with custom page which comes with the plugin, see post 1
Explanation and example script for the toplist member are located at your-site.com/callback-guide/ or your-site.com/?a=callback if you use no clean urls. You should add this url to your menu so your users know what to do

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Good catch, ty.
Please open callback.php

after the following ( near top )
Code:
    $TMPL['header'] = $LNG['p_callback_header'];
Paste this on a new line
Code:
$new_list = '';
That will solve the error ( notice ). Will also post an update later today, which you can safely skip then