Blank Pages after install

pauline

Hi all,

I just did a fresh install of my visiolist as I just changed hosts.

in the error log I get this.

[05-Jan-2014 23:55:39 America/Montreal] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: prog in /home/bgciwqbk/public_html/install/index.php on line 1281

Here is line 1281

value: <?php echo $prog;?>

I have no idea what it means and help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Pauline

cajkan

Hey Pauline, i had lots of problems with hosting companies too.

Im sure Visiolist script is fine, its all about the host. Lets wait for Mark and Basti.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That is no error, just a notice of a not defined variable, nothing serious.
Is the script installed? or blank page upon clicking "install" ??

pauline

Hi Basti,

Yes the script installed I think the install seemed to go smoothly then I got a grey screen with a black header. When I clicked http://ltehitcircleads.com I get a blank white screen and same with admin url.

I hope it's not another hosting problem lol.
Thanks,

Pauline

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the script installed I think the install seemed to go smoothly then I got a grey screen with a black header
That sounds like the "language import screen"

Still remember what it said?
if it not showed you a bunch of text scrolling down most likely the language file did not get created, which indeed is either a hosting issue, or you not carefully check install requirements ( see below #1 ).

Check languages folder
1. is it writable? what did the insall requirements say about it? was all green from the startup? or did you had to 777 the language folder?
2. is a english.php in there? if not you can COPY ( not cut or move ) languages/import/english.php to languages/

Then see if it fixes the issue

If it does, next thing to do is check if future stuff will work.
You could download any language pack from the forum here ( compability or last update doesnt matter for testing ), unzip and upload the included language php file to languages/import/.
Go to admin language editor and click import language and choose the one you downloaded.

Then repeat #2 from above for the given language to see if it successfully created the file in languages/

------------------------------------------

If that fails, its likely you met a host which cause havok for our importer lately ( cause unknown partly, but fix available if needed. That is if its the same ).
Simply pm me your ftp, url, admin login and ill get it sorted.

pauline

Hi Basti,

No I didn't get text scrolling down, I did get all green. I had to change permission for language file to 777. I'm not sure about the english.php file but I will check now.

Thank you I will try that, and I'll get in touch with my host he is a good friend of mine so it will be no hassle, if he has time he may even get it installed for me lol. If not I'll send my details to you thanks again for the great support you guys are great.

Pauline

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
And if may ask the size of the file? same size as in the import folder?
Last guy with such an error as yourself had a corrupted english.php