Another dumb formatting question...

aikidesi

I've been able to make a few changes to the format as I slowly get the hand of the css setup... I want the background to be black added this code to user.css
body {
background: #000000;
color: #666;
text-align: center;
font:normal 87.5%/1.428 "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif;
}
That worked for the main and stats screens but had no effect on the Gateway page and I've been unable to figure out how to modify it. I tried setting the background to black in gateway.html but it had no effect either.
As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
In this case you need to add your CSS edit to the gateway template directly between the <style> tags. Just make sure it is AFTER any other CSS stuff in that template otherwise your CSS rules will be over-ridden. The gateway template is a little messy and has some coded CSS directly in the template so make sure your edits go at the end.

(The gateway is the only page that does not use the main wrapper template as a base)

aikidesi

Thank you, Mark; I'll give it a shot.
BTW, when I checked my site today, I noticed that every single member had at least one vote, which is very unusual. Particularly since the member in the last position does not even have the Vote link on the site any more. Any idea of what could cause something like that?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Remember on their details page is a vote button, so the vote could have come from there

aikidesi

Ah; makes sense! Good point. Its still a little weird that everyone had at least one vote, that never happens... it's mostly only the top 5 getting votes. I'll see if it continues.
Staying on the topic of this thread though; I tried modifying gateway.html to get the background around the box to be black but the closest I got was a more like a stripe, the height of the box, on either side of it. Any thoughts on how I can the background, around the box on the gateway page, black?
Thank you!

cajkan

You mean something like bigger shadow or ?

I love Mark's style with silver/gray light color, can be even lighter like #f2f2f2

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Just add
body { background: #000000; } to gateway.html where the other css is written

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Body should work, but sometimes you might need to set html background as well.

body,html { background: #000000; }