Implemented adf.ly Integration

Bart

I think it would be a great idea if some kind of adf.ly integration was made so that if a member has an account on adf.ly they can just input their details in the admin control panel and turn on the mod and all outbound links convert into adf.ly links, by using this method the website owner can monetize the site but at the same keep it adfree to a certain extent.

Regards,
Bart

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
HI Bart, I will look closer at this over the weekend and see if its something we want in the core (sounds like it might be better as a plugin), I love the idea of monetizing out links, but their must be a "catch" like popunders, traffic interception etc.

thanks for the suggestion!

Bart

Adf.ly doesn't have any popups or unders, all it does is makes the user view another website for 5 seconds before displaying a "Continue to Site" link or something like that and when the user clicks it they continue to their original destination.

It's a very good way of monetizing without spoiling the site.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
right no popunder but "traffic interception" (which I consider even more invasive) this might deter a lot of people from joining lists employing this service. Knowing that, for sure this wont be a core feature, but a good idea for an optional plugin :)

Bart

Brilliant! That works out great, thanks a lot!

(This could be made into a mini plugin with ease but this little mod is what will attract users as they will be able to monetize their sites this way with ease :)

Don't forget to edit "stats.html" too :)

Thanks again!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
good stuff :) considering the ease of this integration (only a template edit) I dont think it warrants a plugin but I will post a "how to" in the plugins section.

thanks again for the feedback!