Account Suspended for sending mass mail

cajkan

Whats up guys!

i was using free webhost for testing purposes,
ive made around 30 accounts in same day for testing premium membership, normal membership
editing the table tops, rows etc...

and after some days all premium membership ended to this users and account was suspended for sending mass mail

heres copy paste :

Suspended (Suspended user a3672688 for sending mass mail (22 emails were sent in 1 minute))
i was wondering whats gonna happens if i have lots of members and high trafic :D

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well its a free host, got nothing for to say :) . When you choose your paid host study their features. Personally never had any issue with this on paid host.
On the other hand, the planned upgrade to the email system will take somewhat care of this issue

Bart

I'm currently using http://www.stablehost.com/ for my Toplist and it works great (bearing in mind I've disabled a lot of intense features)

But I would recommend going with Mark's hosting to be fully supported and so that all features work.
It could also mean faster support :)

Daegaladh

I'm having problems sending emails too, I use a shared webhost and it has anti-spam restrictions, so I can't send mails to all my users. You should improve the mass mail system and make it send emails slowly (as most forum software does).

Bart

Yeah, something like vBulletin where you can specify how many emails you want to send and how frequently.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
While this has been on the todo list for some time, I also recommend you check out mailchimp. Its free for most cases and does an outstanding job tracking clicks, openings and bounces.

In the mean time, I will push up the priority of improving the mass mail system.