500 internal server error

''''''''pauline

Hi,

I am trying to install my script but are getting a 500 internal server error, I have contacted my host and this is the conversation.

14:43Roman G: As I can see the issue may be related to the code specified in .htaccess file. When I have commented it out, the error has disappeared but the blank page was displayed when loading your website.
14:43Roman G: I have also found that some of the folders and files have incorrect permissions.
14:45Roman G: Please, re-check also the code of your script.
14:45Pauline Smith: ok thank you the install instructions say to change the permissions in about 5 folders
14:46Roman G: Here is the report of errors related to your script: PHP Notice: Undefined index: sql in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Notice: Undefined index: sql in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Notice: Undefined index: sql in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Notice: Undefined index: sql in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52
I have no idea how to fix any errors and I'm not sure why I can't install the script this time as I've done it before (that was over 12 months ago) with no problems but on a different host. I am with namecheap now.
Thank You in advance,
Pauline

''''''''pauline

I forgot to mention this is the error I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ltehitcircleads.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I used this url http://ltehitcircleads.com/install/index.php I also tried it with out the http://

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
index: sql in /home/ltehydyi/public_html/index.php on line 52 PHP Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php)
This tells us your main site.com/index.php was visited when the script was not yet installed ( missing config variable ). So they dont tell us anything about the error you get on the install page. So all of them are totally irrelevant

Not really possible to help unless we see an error log for that page and not the main site.
Have a look in your install folder, maybe an error_log got generated there

And do as the support said, pls edit .htaccess ( found in topsite root ) and rename it to .htaccess_TEMP

Then we see defenetly if some htaccess code is not supported on your new host ( which might be )

If you feel uncomfortable, you can also PM me the ftp login and i try to see what causes it

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, issue seems to be that you htaccess file was corrupt ( broken ).
Most likely been your host lol, as he said he commented out code, then he just left it half complete it in there causing coding errors..... nice haha

You should be able to install now