screenshot black on wix.com sites

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
Don't know if it is all wix based sites or wix subdomains, or this one specific site but the screenshots are coming out black (page loads fine in Firefox here, once all the bs javascript is allowed)

Is anyone else seeing or has seen this?

Suggestions to solve?

wix URL in question: http://pokemonexpresso.wix.com/pokexpresso

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Your VisioList license has expired, without a valid license screenshot API will not work.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You do have an owned license and can run the software for life. In order to access our latest versions, support and the screenshot API (all things that require ongoing costs for us to maintain) you need to have an active members area license ($29 per year).

Obviously $29 does not buy you a lifetime of free software updates, or a lifetime of server access to generate screenshots. You are free to use another screenshot service (none of those are free and reliable either for the same reason.)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Got it, your license is now reactivated. I will resend your API key via PM now

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The domain you provided above has several DNS failures, I suspect that would be why our screenshot server cannot resolve that particular domain. Wix is also very slow, could be another cause.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yup works fine for me too, though it is a little slow.

The screenshot server does have stricter security requirements for outbound connections. The black screen is the result when all requirements in the API request are not met, from past experience its usually caused by a bad DNS record. That site has above has 2 errors in the DNS record.

If your site can render other member screenshots like normal, that DNS error is the likely cause.

Anna

Also having an issue with black screens from awix-site. Were there any solutions to this? Other sites are rendering well.

Anna

Ok, thank you! Since I feel bit in deep waters here: What can I tell my member to tell their domain/host manager to get it right?