Contact Form - Beta

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.1#

Anyone using VisioList .07 or older please update your core before applying this plugin

Install
1) if you use clean urls, add the following to your .htaccess file located in the topsite root
Code:
RewriteRule ^sendmessage/ index.php?a=sendmessage [L]
add the above under
Code:
################ Beautify dynamic url sets
Now your contact page is located at yoursite.com/sendmessage/
If you do not use clean url it is yoursite.com/?a=sendmessage
2) Upload the plugin via the plugin interface
3) Emails are sent to your admin email address as you have it set in admin -> settings
4) if you want to add more form fields, open sendmessage.html and add your HTML, the PHP will auto detect, sanitize it, and include in your message.

I have some passive spam prevention in place that has worked very well for me in the past without bothering users with captcha images etc.

If you encounter any bugs or have any feature requests let me know.

Updates
28.01.2013 - Now works when php safe mode is enabled
28.01.2013 - Success message was not working with clean urls enabled. Fixed

Planned Features
1) Next version: jquery validation[/php]

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
my bad forgot to post the path...

yoursite.com/?a=sendmessage
or
yoursite.com/sendmessage for clean url users

cajkan

Thank you Mark

Q:
7.1 release.
Since you plan to build 7.1 release version

Can we know upcomming changes and stuff like that ???
Im using custom theme will that require extra codding or ???

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
we release often, i do not anticipate any changes to the skin files in 7.1. But this is not the thread for that discussion :) Lets try to keep things on topic.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
a=sendmessage dont work because its not in the redirect part of the clean url plugin. it detects ? signs and redirect properbly to itss clean url version
Originally this was planned different and we may need to make it like that.

If you add this to htaccess your clean url link work. The other one not, as mentioned above
Code:
RewriteRule ^sendmessage/ index.php?a=sendmessage[L]
add the above under
Code:
################ Beautify dynamic url sets
We somehow need to think about it how we handle this with clean urls without going the procedue and editing that file

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
good catch Basti, the "a" sources will need to be dynamic for sure. Adding to the list...

Bart

I've added:
RewriteRule ^sendmessage/ index.php?a=sendmessage[L]

But it just redirects me to the index page of my site

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
With some further testing, there will be an issue with form submits and clean URL's. I'll post an update to this plugin over the weekend that will correct this critical bug.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it has no $TMPL['header'] tag assigned. We will put that into the weekend update

BernieW

Hi All,

I'm getting to the correct page but when I hit send i get the following error and the mail is not sent/received.. any ideas???

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled in SAFE MODE in /home/tradingw/public_html/plugins/SendMessage/sendmessage.php on line 24

Thx

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
The error tells us exactly what is up. It is because of php configuration. Disabling safe mode would fix this, but let us update the plugin so it removes last(fifth) mail parameter, so one isnt required to edit the php configuration.
Update will come today, then we can try it out again