VisioList get not the Screenshots from the Mainpage ?

ozguru

Dear Support Team,

i just successfull install VL. The Screenshot that VL grab is not from the index page ?
How can i solve it ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
settings_buttons.php
Code:
$color1 = imagecolorallocate($img, 255, 255, 255); //Set your colors (RGB values)
$color2 = imagecolorallocate($img, 255, 255, 255); //Set your colors
color1 is used for the views and votes today, color2 for the rank

Code:
imagestring($img, 2, 80, 75, $TMPL['tot_pv_0_daily'], $color1); // Stats size and position
imagestring($img, 2, 80, 90, $TMPL['unq_in_0_daily'], $color1); // Stats size and position
imagestring($img, 5, 75 - ((strlen($TMPL['rank']) - 1) * 4), 50, $TMPL['rank'], $color2); // Rank Position
first is the views position on the image, second the votes position and third rank position

Not sure what you mean with the screenshot.
In order to use screenshots ( from member website ), you need to request an api key from us which you need to insert into your admin settings. http://visiolist.com/docs/node/19

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
For the timeout, it might be the screenshot server lags, or the member url is rendering to slow ( slow website )

For the second screenshot, it looks like the screenshot server needs some tweaking to wait a bit longer. Looks like it takes the screenshot before the page is fully rendered, most likely the the javascript is very slow on that site.

Ill point Mark to this thread so he can ( if possible ) adjust the server a bit.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have doubled the amount of time to wait for the site to load, this will also double the amount of time bulk rendering will take, so hopefully this is enough for those few slow loading websites.

ozguru

For the timeout, it might be the screenshot server lags, or the member url is rendering to slow ( slow website )

For the second screenshot, it looks like the screenshot server needs some tweaking to wait a bit longer. Looks like it takes the screenshot before the page is fully rendered, most likely the the javascript is very slow on that site.

Ill point Mark to this thread so he can ( if possible ) adjust the server a bit.
I get always the timeout issue on the Popup windows and the curret (wrong) Screenshots does not update.

I have doubled the amount of time to wait for the site to load, this will also double the amount of time bulk rendering will take, so hopefully this is enough for those few slow loading websites.
If iopen the Websites links directly, those are open not extremly slow.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
can you make sure you have cURL enabled and PHP compiled with GD lib?

I get always the timeout issue on the Popup windows and the curret (wrong) Screenshots does not update.

If iopen the Websites links directly, those are open not extremly slow.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I there a way to grab the Screenshot from my Webserver ?
if you have a dedicated server you can install your own headless browser and write your own code to handle it. But this is not a viable option for most people.