Changing Style

Hello.
My understanding is that the 'user.css' is global and it will override styles in templates. Is this correct?
Also what is difference bet 'Edit' and 'Edit Child'?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
http://visiolist.com/docs/styles-design

Changing Colors, fonts and other basic CSS properties

VisioList default skin "Parabola" (and hopefully all user contributed skins) include a user.css file which can be used to "override" the settings found in screen.css. This allows the skin developer to add new style elements in future versions without forcing all users to re-apply all their changes to the CSS file. If you want to change any background colors, font families, text colors, borders etc user.css is the place to do it, this will help make upgrades easier in the future.

fmlynet

I have changed colors in the user.css file. Non of the colors are changing in the website. Is there something else needed to active the changes? I have even tried to overwrite the screen.css file with my changes to see if that would change the colors and the colors are still saying the same. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance for the wonderful product and support!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I see you use cloudflare. Most likely your changed files are simply cached ( old version ) and not met their expiry time yet.
When working with css on your site its best to enable dev mode in cloudflare, which disables cache while enabled. Once your done purge your cache

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
ah I see.
user.css by default resides in parent skin ( parabola ), that is what is linked in your wrapper.html ( skin update files normally would come without that file ), that's why its left in there.
user.css was never meant to be used like child files for html.
If you copied it over to child folder, please update your path in wrapper.html and it should work, or keep it in parent.

fmlynet

In the wrapper.html in the child I have edited the line to read:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="skins/{$skin_name}/child/user.css" />
This should work? Nevermind - it did work, thanks a bunch...