New Install 1.4 issues

Mike.Dallas

Hello, I have some issues to install the 1.4 release.

1. With the .htaccess located in the root folder I have a "500
Internal Server Error.

2. After deleting the .htaccess file, the install stuck by "install/index.php?import=1"

Host: PHP 5.3.3, MySQL 5.1.73

Trying on other Host:

Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/index.php on line 56

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/index.php on line 56

Ignored, go to install:
MySQL 5.6.19

System Requirements
Curl functions are available.
GD functions are available.
iconv functions are available.
MB_String functions are available.
FreeType Installed
PHP Version: 5.2.17
CGI PHP Installed - NO problems expected
settings_sql.php is writeable
button_config.php is writeable
The banners directory is writeable
The languages directory is writeable
The plugins directory is writeable
The screens directory is writeable

Fatal error: Database error in "/kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/install/index.php" on line 879

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`new_day_boost` INT(11) NOT NULL, `new_week_boost` INT(11) N' at line 53 in /kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Last edited:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the htaccess, the following on line 1 in .htaccess
Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes
If you use Options directive in htaccess with parameter which has been forbidden in main Apache config, server will return HTTP 500 error code.
So, most likely "FollowSymLinks" is diabled and not allowed to be turned on, some hostings unfortunatly have this, like 1&1 if im not wrong

Try to use "SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" instead please and let me know.
If that works ill have to discuss with Mark how we best handle this

Regarding the database error
Trying on other Host:

Warning: require_once(./sources/sql/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/index.php on line 56

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './sources/sql/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/index.php on line 56
If its a fresh install, no wonder. Nothings installed yet :)

Fatal error: Database error in "/kunden/115651_34369/serverworks/ranking/install/index.php" on line 879
That error line not really goes hand in hand with the error description
right syntax to use near '`new_day_boost` INT(11) NOT NULL, `new_week_boost` INT(11) N'
Looking at the fresh install, line 879 is not what is described there.

Could you post here or pm me your install/index.php please?

Last edited:

Mike.Dallas

If its a fresh install, no wonder. Nothings installed yet
Basti, it was really a fresh install, but that should be a issue?
Sorry for the joke but that sounds like by installing VisioList ; "Ups, VisioList can not be installed, database appears to be missing"

I solved the issue installing:
V.1.4 = fails

VL.0.9 = working like a charm, database will be installed
VL. 1.0 = working like a charm, database will be installed
VL. 1.3 = working like a charm, database will be installed
VL.1.4 update = working like a charm, database will be not updated

Because the VL.1.4 update fails with blank page, I sent you the data you need to try to instell a clean 1.4

Thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That was related to this error with that fresh install thing, that error shows me you accessed the main index, not the install. Hence the question / statement from me.

Looking at the data youve sent, cheers.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the htaccess, the following on line 1 in .htaccess
Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes
If you use Options directive in htaccess with parameter which has been forbidden in main Apache config, server will return HTTP 500 error code.
So, most likely "FollowSymLinks" is diabled and not allowed to be turned on, some hostings unfortunatly have this, like 1&1 if im not wrong

Try to use "SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" instead please and let me know.
If that works ill have to discuss with Mark how we best handle this
This was indeed the issue with your hosting and using SymLinksIfOwnerMatch works.

And there was a little missing comma in the installer, which caused that blank page afterwards. Thanks for your help :)

Mike.Dallas

Thank you for fixing this issue, I hope that VL 1.4.zip will be fixed, because the missing comma in the installer.

Oh, I see it was already fixed, thanks again.