youtube videos and screenshots on stats page

xgcell

I have seen some topesites that allow their users to add video and screenshots to the stats or details page. I see that there is a long description plugin, but the youtube option does not work.

Would it be possible to get this plugin fully working and possibly add a more user friendly form? The buttons are being chopped in half on mine and it is too narrow.

Is it possible to make a texarea form that expands height wise to the ammount of content placed in it? So no scroll bars.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
You have screenshots as well, you just need to request a api key in admin settings, then once you generate them they will show automatic.

As for youtube plugin, it should be handled in a standalone plugin and not cramped within a block a description
upload the attached plugin and place {$youtube_video} in stats.html where you want it to appear

Attachments

xgcell

Awsome! Thanks for youtube plugin. Will try it out when I get home.

By screenshots I wasnt reffering to website screenshots. I am setting up a gaming topsite and I wanted to offer people the ability to upload a few in game screenshots of their game server.

Im thinking something like the banner upload system were you can regulate size and dimension.

As for displaying them on the stats page, maybe a simple slideshow? Not sure how much work this would be and I dont want to come across as being pushy:confused:

I know after having used topsites for my own game private server I always wished that they would give more control and features to the user on their details page. Kind of like their own mini home page for game.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, if you just want hotlinked images all you need to do is create a custom join field.
If it comes to upload, certainly possible, but requires quite a bit of work i currently cant make up for ( customers and VL 2.0 development )

xgcell

well i had this plugin working before, but now it no longer does. I install plugin and then make join field for it. But I will only display a link to the video, it wont actually show a player to watch it. Any ideas on what Im messing up?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I install plugin and then make join field for it
The plugins created the custom joinfield itself, you dont have to do it. Might be the reason it not work

Also did you placed {$acf_youtube} or {$youtube_video} ?
the first is the actual value from the database, so the link. While the second is what generates the iframe youtube video

xgcell

I install the plugin and it does not create a join field. Not sure why it is acting this way.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose you uploaded through ftp and then tried to click a install icon right ( which wasnt there )? this olld plugin was missing the install icon, see this
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/youtube-plugin-dont-work.1670/#post-10693

If you upload it through plugin manager it will work just fine, tested that. But if you use ftp and then want to install, please check the link.

Let me know if that was the issue. If not i would need ftp and admin login to see whats up on your list.

xgcell

Uploaded it with plugin page. It added the join field for youtube link. add youtube link to account. placing {$youtube_video} does nothing though. No video shows up on site.

panzerdude

Uploaded it with plugin page. It added the join field for youtube link. add youtube link to account. placing {$youtube_video} does nothing though. No video shows up on site.

Same thing happening to me. Seems like the video URL is not staying saved once its added to the profile.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Youtube turned into https, thats why it not worked. Added a fix to allow both https and normal http. Updated the zip in original post

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
think you downloaded old plugin still. check the post again, download count still zero :)
Ive tested this fix and it does work

panzerdude

think you downloaded old plugin still. check the post again, download count still zero :)
Ive tested this fix and it does work

Its strange but this is what I've got. When a member adds a youtube link to the profile, it was not saving it in the database sites, acf_youtube

But If I edit the database and add the youtube link to the acf_youtube in the database then the youtube video shows no problem like it should.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This seems very very strange and sounds like its not related to this plugin at all. Since saving is not done by the plugin. Ill pm you to further discuss to not make a mess here.